Tag Archive | SMS via Raspberry Pi
- I’m using the official Raspbian Wheezy from http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads
- First of all: To be able to use the serial interface of the raspberry pi you have to deactivate the console in the inittab. Therefore comment the line after „#Spawn a getty on Raspberry Pi serial line“ -> T0:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttyAMA0 115200 vt100
- To connect the Nokia 3310 with the Raspberry Pi these pages are pretty useful:
http://www.embedtronics.com/nokia/fbus.htmland http://www.8051projects.info/expC144.asp[links dead]. In the first page the pin assignment of the serial port of the Nokia phone is shown, as well as some useful information about the Fbus protocol. The second page shows the fairly simple connection circuit between the data ports. For the Raspberry Pi pin out this page is the first address.
- Now put all together: I soldered the cable directly to the Nokia pinout.
- The software to control the Nokia 3310 phone is called gnokii. Install via apt-get install gnokii.
- Set up a config file with following lines:
model = 3310
port = /dev/ttyAMA0
connection = serial
- To test your set up just call gnokii –identify